Since the concept of the Chakra was introduced to the West in the early 1900’s, it has been an integral part of New Age philosophy.
Today, practitioners of yoga, meditation, and alternative medicine apply the Chakra centers in the application of healing therapies and wellness practice.
In these practices, the use of healing stones have become popular, with the use of gemstones to balance out energies and helping to unblock Chakra centers in the body.
If you feel that you have significant imbalances in your mind and body and want to incorporate the use of healing stones, you can integrate the Chakra centers with corresponding gemstones that promote optimum benefits and healing to certain Chakra points.
But first, let’s discuss what the Chakra is, so we have a better understanding about how Chakra stones can be used to help us in our mind, body, and spirit.
What is Chakra?
Chakra means “wheel” in Sanskrit and it is believed that we have seven Chakra points in the body, where vital energy flows. These energies, when balanced and flowing freely from one Chakra center to another, manifest in good health, a balanced mind, and overall well-being.
If one of these Chakra centers are blocked, manifestations in the form of physical health problems, mental issues, as well as other problems occur. To remove these manifestations, the Chakra centers must be balanced, blockages should be removed, and cleansed. Only when the Chakra centers are cleaned and balanced do these issues disappear from our lives.
One of the ways that these Chakra centers are unblocked is through the use of Chakra stones, which correspond to certain Chakra points and provide specific healing and cleansing.
Each Chakra center is associated with a particular area of the body as well as a certain color. For example, the Root Chakra, which is found on the tip of the spine, is associated with the color of red and black. Gemstones such as black tourmaline and jade jasper are believed to heal and cleanse blockages in the Root Chakra.
The use of gemstones to heal both physical and mental health problems stem from the belief that gemstones have vibrational energy. These energies are believed to help balance physical, emotional, and spiritual energies.
If you are having problems with communication, you would need to use Chakra stones associated with the Throat Chakra, to help you express yourself better.
How to Use Chakra Stones
Chakra stones can be used in many ways to promote healing. You can hold a gemstone as you are meditating (get free meditation), or you can use the stones as Chakra jewelry to be worn over the Chakra location, or you can perform a crystal healing session where you lie down and have a practitioner press the stones on your Chakra center.
If you have a specific issue, you can use these Chakra stones for natural healing to target specific problems that you have.
Talk to a Psychic
What are the Chakra Stones and How to Use Them
Here are the seven Chakra centers, as well as the Chakra stones that you can use to cleanse and unblock these points:
1.The Root Chakra
The Root Chakra is located on the base of the spine or tailbone. If you have problems with fear, doubt, lack, anxiety, financial problems, or if you are feeling exhausted, fatigued, and constipated, then you may have a blockage in your Root Chakra.
The color that corresponds to the Root Chakra is red and black. The Chakra stones associated with the Root Chakra include:
- Black Tourmaline - This is a protection stone and helps to remove and prevent negative energy.
- Hematite - Hematite can zap away worry and fear, improve concentration and memory, as well as helps you become more logical and better at problem solving.
- Red Jasper - The healing power of Red Jasper include balancing emotions, improving creativity and motivation.
2. The Sacral Chakra
The Sacral Chakra is located on the lower abdomen or below the navel. When your Sacral Chakra is blocked, you feel disconnected with others and yourself. You will also struggle with self-confidence, low mood, and depression.
You will suffer from low back pain, fertility issues, or kidney problems.
The color that corresponds to the Sacral Chakra is orange, and thus, the Chakra stones to heal the Sacral Chakra include:
- Tiger’s Eye - This stone helps you become more focused, stabilizes mood swings, and sharpens your vision. It also helps improve your vitality, and provides you with effective action.
- Orange Carnelian - It helps with lower back pain, arthritis, and depression. It also heals fears, pain, and trauma.
- Citrine - This stone helps with digestive problems, improves creativity, visualization, and confidence (full meaning of citrine).
3.The Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus is located on the upper abdomen or below the ribcage. The Solar Plexus can be blocked or damaged due to abuse, authoritative parents, or any kind of bullying. You may suffer from low self-esteem, have a stubborn or judgmental attitude, and have a tendency to procrastinate.
You will also suffer from stomach issues and nerve problems. The Solar Plexus is associated with the color yellow, and the stones used to heal this Chakra center include:
- Yellow Citrine - Yellow Citrine helps with digestive problems, as well as improves physical stamina and energy.
- Topaz - The Topaz is the gemstone of communication and love. It promotes truth and forgiveness, and self-realization. It soothes and heals, and helps with digestive issues.
4.The Heart Chakra
When your Heart Chakra is blocked, you will feel jealousy, self-pity, loneliness, uncertainty, hold grudges, and a feeling of victimhood.
It is associated with the green and pink color, and its Chakra stones include:
- Jade - Jade is a protective stone and attracts good luck and friendship. It also improves self-sufficiency and protects from negative thoughts.
- Rose Quartz - It helps to restore trust and harmony in relationships. It also provides comfort in times of grief (full meaning of rose quartz).
- Green Calcite - This stone softens the heart, encourages compassion, and forgiveness.
- Peridot - Peridot alleviates jealousy, resentment, hatred, and spite. It reduces anger and resentment, and opens up the heart to joy and relationships.
5.The Throat Chakra
The Throat Chakra is located on the throat and if this center is blocked, you will have problems with expressing yourself, as well as communicating with others.
The color associated with the Throat Chakra is blue and the healing stones of this center include:
- Turquoise -Turquoise is known to oxygenate the blood, balances mood and emotion, and protects the person from evil.
- Aquamarine -This healing stone enhances communication, soothes and calms energy, as well as strengthens the lymph nodes and immune system.
- Lapis Lazuli -Lapis Lazuli helps to bring you divince inspiration, as well as improves your communication with your spirit guides (full meaning of lapis lazuli).
6.The Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye Chakra is located on your forehead between your brows. It is the intuition centre and if this Chakra is blocked, you will feel unhappy, lose your sense of life purpose, and are vulnerable to deception and lies.
The color associated with the Third Eye Chakra is indigo, with its healing crystals being:
- Amethyst - The healing power of amethyst includes healing addictive behaviors, reveals destructive patterns, and helps to clarify the mind (full meaning of amethyst).
- Purple Fluorite - Purple Fluorite is a protection stone and it defends one from evil spirits and bad luck. It also helps to relieve stress and spiritual discomfort.
7.The Crown Chakra
The Crown Chakra is located on the crown of the head and blockages with this center can make you feel emotionally distressed, disconnected with others, and feelings of self-isolation.
The color associated with the Crown Chakra include violet and white, with its healing stones including:
- Amethyst - This stone enhances the immune system, improves the endocrine function, promotes spiritual awareness, and encourages sleep and rest.
- Clear Quartz - Clear Quartz improves clarity of mind, amplifies energy, enhances psychic ability, stimulates the nervous system, and heightened situational awareness.
- Diamond - The diamond is regarded as the master healer, and it amplifies thoughts and emotions. It also encourages self-respect and love.
- Selenite - This stone improves clarity of thought, provides a calming energy, and stimulates a feeling of deep peace.
It is said that when people are born, their Chakra Centres are free flowing and aligned. When life happens, such as frustrations, neglect, abuse, poor nutrition, exposure to pollution, and other negative energies come into our lives, the Chakra Centres begin to accumulate all these negative elements and become blocked.
When we begin to suffer from the manifestations of these blocked and overactive Chakra Centres, we begin to feel ill, suffer from failed and toxic relationships, live a life that we don’t deserve, and generally feel stunted in life.
We must then unblock and cleanse the Chakra Centers, so they become free-flowing and balanced, and the purity and well-being we had when we were born are achieved once again. It is believed that only when our Chakra Centers are fully balanced and free-flowing that we are able to achieve optimum physical health and overall well-being.
Healing stones and crystals are one of the ways that we can cleanse and unlock our Chakra Centres. If you are feeling down, have failing relationships, or suffer from certain ailments, you can take a look at your Chakra Center, and use the corresponding Chakra stones to address your issues.